7. Start and charge systems
The system provides an engine provorachivaniye for the purpose of its start.
The main components of system are a starter with the traction relay established on it, the storage battery, the lock of ignition and connecting electroconducting.
At ignition key turn in the situation START power supply from the battery on a chain of management of start moves on the traction relay of a starter. The relay makes switching of a food of the battery directly on the starter electromotor. The motor starts to rotate, at the same time turning for a gear wreath of a flywheel / a driving disk a cranked shaft of the engine.
Starter functioning on the models equipped with RKPP, becomes possible only at the squeezed-out pedal of coupling. On models from AT an indispensable condition is transfer of the lever of the selector to the situation "R" or "N".
Design of a starter of Mitsubishi applied on the Infiniti QX4 models
At performance of any works with components of system of start it is necessary to observe the following special precautionary measures:
- Remember that excessively long provorachivaniye of the engine a starter can lead to serious damages of the electromotor of the last as a result of an overheat. Never use a starter continuously further 15 seconds then it should allow to cool down within one-two minutes;
- Do not forget that the starter is connected directly to the battery that at careless handling, as a result of overloads and short circuits, does probable the possibility of a dugoobrazovaniye fraught in turn with ignition of conducting;
- Performing any works with components of system of start, without fail disconnect a negative wire from the battery — remember that if the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery it is necessary to make sure of knowledge of the correct combination for audiosystem input in action!
The generator of the alternating current which has been built in it a regulator of tension, control lamp of a charge, the storage battery, protective fusible insert and electroconducting connecting listed components belong to number of components of system of a charge. The system of a charge provides giving of an electric food to ignition system, lighting and alarm devices, a radio receiver and other consumers of the electric power. The generator is put in action by a belt drive from a pulley of a cranked shaft. Additional information on electric connections of components of system of a charge can be gathered from schemes of electric connections (see. Head Electric equipment).
The electronic control unit (ECM), depending on the current values of input parameters (engine turns, speed of movement of the car, temperature of cooling liquid, number of the included consumers of the electric power and temperature of soaked-up air), makes adjustment of size of tension developed by the generator. The main task of system is minimization of load of the engine.
Problem of a regulator of tension is restriction of tension developed by the generator in the set limits. The regulator prevents overloads of contours and the other unpleasant phenomena connected with power surges.
The system of a charge does not need regular service. Nevertheless, it is necessary to check periodically a condition of a driving belt of the generator, the battery, connecting electroconducting and its terminal connections (see. Head Routine maintenance).
The control lamp of a charge built in in an instrument guard quickly joins at ignition key turn in the situation ON. Right after implementation of start of the engine the lamp should go out. Refusal of a lamp of switching off testifies to malfunctions in charge system. On some models in an instrument guard the voltmeter allowing the driver in time to trace deviations of onboard tension from norm is in addition established. At an exit of indications of the voltmeter out of limits of an admissible range it is necessary to make check of system of a charge.
The fusible insert represents the short piece of the wire placed in isolation which has been built in in the main plait of electroconducting of an impellent compartment. The total section of a vein of the conductor of an insert several times is less than at chain electroconducting in which it is included that guarantees reliable protection of the last against an overload.
Design of the Hitachi generator applied on the Infiniti QX4 models
When joining terminal connections of electric chains equipped with the generator of an alternating current of cars it is necessary to observe special precautionary measures:
- At connection of electroconducting of the battery to the generator at all do not allow polarity violation;
- Before applying at body repair electroarc welding disconnect electroconducting from plugs of the generator and the storage battery;
- At all do not make engine start at the charger connected to the battery;
- Always, before making a battery charging from the external power supply, disconnect from it both wires (at first negative);
- Try not to allow hit of hands, hair and free parts of clothes in contact to a rotating driving belt of the generator during checks made at the working engine;
- As the generator is connected directly to the battery, its overloads and short circuits are capable to cause ignition of electroconducting and to be at the bottom of a fire;
- Before starting steam cleaning of an impellent compartment wrap the generator in a plastic bag which then should be fixed reliably rubber bandages.