2.6.3. Engine start from the auxiliary power supply
Scheme of connection of wires
Connection of wires should be made according to the given numbering. Pay attention that the negative wire from the auxiliary power supply is connected not to the plug of the sat-down battery, and mass of the car.
Use of the auxiliary power supply will help to make engine start in an extreme situation, however then it is necessary to find out and eliminate the reason of a podsadka of the battery, the most typical are:
- Carrying out numerous unsuccessful attempts of start of the engine, or leaving of lighting devices included for a long time at the muffled engine;
- Violation of serviceability of functioning of system of a charge (weakened or the driving belt of the generator is torn off, connecting electroconducting is damaged, or the generator is faulty actually).
- Malfunction of actually storage battery (electrolit level fell, or there was an accumulator service life).
At performance of start of the engine from the external power supply it is necessary to pay attention to observance of some special precautionary measures:
- Before connecting the auxiliary battery, make sure that ignition is switched off;
- Track, that all consumers of the electric power (lighting and heating devices, screen wipers, etc.) also were switched off;
- Put on protective gloves and points;
- Make sure that the auxiliary battery on the target tension corresponds established on your car;
- If as the auxiliary power supply the battery established on other vehicle is used, track, that cars did not adjoin AT ALL with each other;
- Make sure that transmission is included on neutral transfer (RKPP), or transferred to the situation "R" (AT);
- From the battery subject to service remove ventilating covers and cover openings with rags.
- Connect the end of a red wire from a special set to the positive plug of the sat-down battery (see an illustration the Scheme of connection of wires). The second end of a red wire connect to the positive plug of the auxiliary battery.
- One end of a black wire from a set connect to the negative plug of the auxiliary battery. The second end of a black wire connect to reliably earthed point on the block of the started engine (a bolt or an arm), whenever possible far away from the battery.
- Make sure that connecting wires do not adjoin to moving components in impellent compartments of both cars (a krylchatka of the fan, driving belts, etc.).
- Execute standard procedure of start of the engine (see. Car equipment, arrangement of devices and governing bodies). Leave the engine working at single turns. Include headlights, a heater of back glass and the heater fan, then disconnect wires, operating as it should be, the return to an order of their connection (see above). On termination of procedure switch off superfluous consumers of the electric power.
Inclusion of auxiliary consumers of the electric power is made for the purpose of prevention of power surges at the moment of an electroconducting detachment.